Friday, July 23, 2010

Sweet & Sour Meatballs from Jeff's Mom

Coming from different cultures, one of the things I worry about is cooking food that Jeff may not enjoy eating. So when he went home to visit his family last month, I asked him to get some of his mom's recipes that he loved. Thankfully, she obliged, and he made time to type out and email me the recipes.

The first one I wanted to try was the sweet and sour meatballs. I'm used to eating sweet and sour, but this is the first time I'm trying it with meatballs. And the first time I'm actually making meatballs. With my own bare hands, if I may add. I dreaded this because I didn't like the idea of touching raw meat. But I forgot to buy disposable gloves, and using a wooden spoon didn't seem to be as effective in mixing everything well. So I had no choice but to do it. With my own bare hands. At least now I know it's not as bad as I thought it would be!

My family had this for dinner tonight and loved it. Mom even asked me to put a copy of it in her recipe notebook. I hope Jeff would think that I make it as well as his mom does!




Playing around with how to serve it

0 comments:

Post a Comment