Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Made Bread!

Yup! Focaccia, specifically. Woot! Woot!

My curiosity on bread making started after seeing a recipe for pan de sal in a food magazine. Then I saw a bread making machine at Rustan's that promised no hand mixing, no kneading, perfectly baked bread in an hour no matter which type of bread you want to make. Now how cool is that?!? I was so tempted to buy it right then and there, but I walked away after realizing that the cost of the machine was equal to many years' worth of bread. Besides, I'm supposed to be saving money.

But I couldn't get the idea of "freshly baked bread whenever we want it" out of my head. Never mind if, in my family, I'm the one who eats bread the least. I was obsessed, and I just had to try to make one myself! So I researched online and saw many recipes for focaccia bread. It's the one bread I can eat a lot of, and it seemed simple enough to make, so this was perfect for my first attempt at making bread.


Waiting for the dough to rise



Allowing bread to cool



Eating time!



I like focaccia best dipped in olive oil with balsamic vinegar and grated parmesan cheese. Occasionally, I use it as crust for pizza.

0 comments:

Post a Comment